Types of AggregatesAggregates are the natural elements used in making paving materials such as asphalt and concrete. There are different types of aggregates, with the most used ones being crushed concrete, gravel, sand, and topsoil. We supply all the different types to address your general and custom needs.
- Aggregate Base Course – M: Aggregate Base Course M or ABC-M is used as the base course to be used under concrete slabs, pavements, and structural foundations. It is a coarse matter than ABC and has more stone. It is suited for gravel roads, driveways, and shoulder material.
- Washed Stone: You can use it for driveways, walkways, concrete, parking areas, and landscaping with pea gravel. We offer washed stone in different grades that can also be used for foundations and backfill for retaining walls.
- Screenings: Available in both dry and washed form, screenings can be used for paver base, landscaping, walkways, leveling sand, and for playfields.
There are many other forms of aggregates including screened soil, concrete sand, golf course sand, topsoil, infield sand, mulch and other bio-retention media, and gravels including decorative gravel, and filtration gravel, among others.
SandsSand is used as an aggregate in a wide range of applications, including:
- Water filtration
- Concrete component
It can be categorized into different types based on size, including:
- Sharp Sand: 0mm to 4mm and used for slab laying or block paving
- Building Sand: Used for paving slabs and blockwork
- Washed Recycled Sharp Sand: Used in slab laying or block paving
- Concrete Sand: Used in making cement
- Play Sand: Used for making kid’s sandboxes
- Soft Washed Sand: Used in blockwork
- Beach Sand
GravelGravel is made up of loosely collected rock fragments and stones. It is sourced from streams and riverbeds, but manmade gravel is made by crushing rocks. Some of the common applications of gravel include the following:
- Garden paths
It is also commonly used as an aggregate for making concrete and asphalt.
TopsoilTopsoil is a naturally occurring type of soil that has been screened for removing contaminants. It is commonly used in gardens and lawns. Available in different types, you can choose from the following options:
- Standard topsoil for filling your garden areas
- Turfing soil, a blend of soil and sand
- Premium topsoil for garden use and lawn preparation
- Horticultural grit for potting, planting, and plant drainage systems
- Enriched topsoil, a mixture of compost and screened soil
Topsoil is widely popular in gardens, as it helps in improving the soil’s nutrient cycle, moisture capacity, and organic matter.
We at Lakeside Mulch and Stone, LLC. supply many other types of aggregates for your projects in and around Sherrill’s Ford. If you need any type of aggregate, feel free to contact us today. Give us a call at 828-478-1321 to discuss your requirements.